Developing Leaders Council
Where young professionals hone leadership skills and learn what it takes to be an effective nonprofit board member while serving as community ambassadors for Lowell Community Health Center.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Developing Leaders Council is to serve as a liaison to the Greater Lowell community by providing education, outreach, and leadership to advance the growth, health, and visibility of Lowell Community Health Center.
A Developing Leader is a young professional who ….
- Lives or works in Greater Lowell and has an interest in community service
- Understands and supports the mission of Lowell Community Health Center
- Attends quarterly meetings
- Participates in DLC and Lowell CHC events
- Has an interest in learning about nonprofit Board Service
“What you put out into the world truly does come back to you! I’m surrounding myself with positivity and it is already showing!” — Shalmai Rivera, DLC Member
Recent DLC Events
- Annual Winter Mixer
- Community Paint Night
- DLC Book Drive to provide pediatric patients with books of their very own
- Informal get-togethers around town
Our efforts help support
- The Health Center’s WrapAround Fund for essential programs that aren’t covered by insurance
- Teen BLOCK, which supports the healthy development of young people and empowers them to become leaders in the community
- Many more programs within the health center
Want to learn more or interested in joining? Contact: Clare Gunther, ClareGu@lchealth.org
“Being a resident, professional, and Developing Leaders Council member in the City of Lowell is rewarding in many ways. I feel I’m part of a community that has so much opportunity for change and growth. As a DLC member I’ve been exposed to people and professional opportunities outside of my everyday circle.”
- Christina Walton, DLC Member