Covid19 (Coronavirus) Updates
At Lowell CHC, we are committed to keeping our patients up to date on the latest news related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We will continue to update this page as new information becomes available. For the latest recommendations on what you can do to protect your health and the health of our community, plus information and guidelines, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. For information about Massachusetts’ response, including reopening plans, visit the state’s COVID-19 page.
LATEST PATIENT INFORMATION
Caring for Lowell. Keeping you Safe. Keeping you Healthy.
- Don’t let fear of COVID-19 prevent you from getting your routine health care. We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 978.937.9700.
- We are not accepting walk-in appointments right now. Be sure to CALL before you visit the Health Center.
- Some appointments will be scheduled via telephone. Others will be at the Health Center. We will discuss this with you when you make your appointment.
- Lowell Community Health Center is safe. We are disenfecting frequently throughout the day and overnight, and practicing social distancing.
- Your HEALTH and SAFETY are our top concerns.
Appointments at the Health Center
To help minimize the spread of infection, please note the following when visiting the Health Center.
- Please wear a face mask. If you do not have one, it will be provided.
- When you enter the building, a Lowell CHC Greeter will welcome you, assess your health, and take your temperature. You will be asked to use hand sanitizer, which we will provide.
- You will then take the elevator to your department and go directly to the exam room to be seen by your provider and receive follow-up information.
COVID testing outside at the Health Center (161 Jackson Street) continues 1-2 days per week and is by appointment only and after a phone visit with a provider.
Call us at (978) 937-9700 for information or to schedule your test.
Note: Our main line (978-937-9700) is experiencing significantly higher than usual call volume and longer wait times due to the COVID pandemic/testing and telehealth services. You might experience difficulties reaching the health center by phone. If you can, please try calling back after 5 p.m. or on weekends. We are actively working to resolve this issue and apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
Did your COVID-19 test come back positive? Read this document for important instructions.
What do you do if you are sick? If you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019, or suspected of being infected with it, follow the steps in this fact sheet to help prevent spreading it to people in your home and community.
For additional fact sheets from the CDC in multiple languages (including what you need to know, and how to stop the spread of germs), click here.
We have compiled a list of community resources to help you and your family navigate various challenges associated with COVID-19 (updated: 3.24.20). We will update this regularly as new information becomes available.
Health Insurance Information
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Give Health. Give Hope. Give Today.
Show your love for your Community Health Center and help us weather the financial impact of the COVID-19 crisis. Your donation to our COVID-19 Response Fund, in any amount, will go directly towards overcoming financial challenges related to the spread of the virus. With your help, we will continue to honor the transformative power of kindness, understanding, and compassion so that everyone in our community receives exactly the care they deserve – now and always. Learn more
Again, please continue to check this page for regular updates regarding the Health Center’s response to COVID-19.