Back to top

Making a Gift to Lowell Community Health Center

Back to top

Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.

—World Health Organization definition of health

Lowell Community Health Center derives only 74% of its income from fees and health insurance reimbursement. We must raise the remaining 26% through generous philanthropic contributions from individuals, corporations, and government and private foundations.

  • Your contribution to our annual WrapAround Fund — a key focus of our fundraising efforts — pays for vital services that are not covered by insurance, including medical interpretation; community health screenings and education; youth programming; and linking patients to jobs shelter, food, and essential community services.
     
  • Your support for our Building Bridges Capital Campaign will help us to build new dental and vision clinics while providing additional space for Family and Adult Medicine by October of 2017. We seek to raise $2.5 million of the $25.5 total cost of this project from donations and grants.
     
  • You can help create a healing canvas at Lowell CHC by participating in ArtUp. Through ArtUp, patrons can view an online catalogue of curated artwork at www.ArtUpLowell.com and may select paintings to purchase and donate to the health center for permanent display. Half of the purchase price supports our WrapAround Fund. The other half goes to pay the artists.

You may make a gift securely online or by check, mailed to:

Lowell CHC
161 Jackson Street
Lowell, MA 01852
Attn: Development

Wish List of items patients often need

(Please call 978.746.7891 to arrange a drop-off.)

  • Diapers
  • Toiletries (full size )
  • Socks and underwear
  • New or gently worn clothing, including coats and boots
  • New board books: Through our partnership with Reach Out and Read, we provide every child ages 2 months to 6 years with a new board book during their well-child visit, when providers talk with parents about the importance of reading to their child.
  • New or gently used children’s books for the Pediatric Department waiting room
  • Art supplies for Behavioral Health Services and our Teen BLOCK program

Seeing is believing! Please consider visiting us for a tour of our 100,000 square feet of renovated mill space on Jackson Street and to see what lies in store as we renovate adjacent space to serve even more patients. Our CEO, Susan West Levine, MPH, will be only too glad to show you around our busy and dynamic health center!

For questions about donating to the WrapAround Fund, the Building Bridges Campaign, or ArtUp, or to schedule a tour, contact Clare Gunther, 978.746.7891 or claregu@lchealth.org.

Thank you!

Back to top