Become a Patient
We offer a wide-range of medical experts at Lowell Community Health Center. Many of our providers are fluent in several languages. We also offer medical interpreter services at no additional cost.
The Health Center has providers with special interests in diabetes, HIV, mental health, asthma, and women’s health, to name a few. Additionally, we provide full-service eye care, dental care, school-based primary care services, and behavioral health.
“The Health Center has changed my life – this is my second chance.” – Sheila, Patient
If you are a new patient, we thank you for choosing us for your health care needs. Our Welcome Center staff will reach out to you to complete a new patient orientation prior to your first appointment. During the call, our staff will gather your demographic information, verify insurance eligibility or refer you to a Health Insurance Navigator, provide patient portal education, share overall health center services, and help you be better prepared for your visit.
Preparing for Your Visit
- If your visit is on-site, please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early to park, complete your registration, and check in.
- If you are scheduled for a virtual appointment, please be in a quiet place so you can speak privately with your provider via video or phone. Please be aware that virtual appointments are billable visits.
- If your visit requires a co-pay, we accept checks, cash, or credit cards.
- Please inform us if your contact information changes. It is very important that we have your up-to-date cell phone number, address and email. There will be times that your provider and care team will need to reach you for referrals, results, and appointment reminders.
- We are here for you and your family, and your requests are important to us. Please reach out if you have questions about your upcoming visit.
Our Patient Portal
We encourage all of our patients to enroll in the Patient Portal so that you can easily communicate with your provider and care team. Learn about the Patient Portal and how to enroll.
We are excited to share that we have increased our ability to provide certain types of virtual appointments for our existing patients. To schedule an appointment, or for additional information, please reach us on our Contact Us page or call us at call 978-937-9700.
TTY 978-221-6700 (text telephone for the deaf and hearing impaired)
Not Sure About Your Health Insurance Coverage?
If you do not have health insurance, our Health Insurance Navigators are available to assist you over the phone or in person. Sliding fee discounts are also available to individuals and families who meet certain income guidelines. No one will be denied care due to inability to pay.