We are proud to announce that CHEC is now a State Approved Training Site. Therefore, participants who complete the Comprehensive Outreach Education Certificate program will be eligible to apply for state certified Community Health Worker via the Combined Training & Work Experience Pathway.
Trainings are FREE to Lowell CHC staff and require Manager approval to attend.
These trainings are offered as part of a larger certificate program, the Comprehensive Outreach Education Certificate (COEC) Program. The COEC Program is a two-part training program that introduces Health Educators, Community Health Workers, and other public health professionals to a way of understanding health problems from a public health perspective. The training encourages participants to become proficient on a variety of health topics affecting diverse communities.
All workshops are open to any participant, and may be taken separately or as part of the Comprehensive Outreach Education Certificate.
- Introduction to Outreach Education & Mandated Reporting
- Community Organizing
- Understanding Health Insurance
- Assessment Techniques
- Public Health
- Motivational Interviewing
- Harm Reduction & Prevention
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Leadership Skills
- Outreach Education I & II
- Effective Documentation
- Care Coordination & Team-Based Care
*All courses are held on Zoom*
- Professional conduct and Ethics *
- Health Literacy: A Start
- Diabetes & Prediabetes
- HIV/AIDS: Supporting Community Members
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Depression and Anxiety: Help Others Cope
- Family Planning & Wellness
- Substance Use
*Professional Conduct and Ethic is part of the Core Competencies. It is a requirement for Certificate of Completion.